Seaside city of sporting events
(Photo: Evening at Busselton Jetty, Chris Fithall)
The city of Busselton has made an exciting name for itself as a sporting hub, well known for attracting important swimming, cycling, running and sailing events as part of its annual events calendar.
It’s also home to the southern hemisphere’s largest timber jetty, stretching almost 2km out to sea above the clear, calm waters of Geographe Bay. This 151-year-old structure is popular drawcard for families and people of all ages, and there’s even a little train to take you to the end of the jetty if you don’t feel like walking.
Visitors to Busselton can also enjoy:
- A wide range of shops, restaurants and cafes
- Calm and clean swimming beaches
- Busselton Jetty’s Underwater Observatory
- Art galleries and cultural experiences
- Historic buildings
- Local farmers markets
- Whale watching (September to December).
Busselton is approximately 2.5 hours’ drive from Perth.