Orchid House, Sleeps 8$240/day
Listing type: For Rent
Property type: House
Orchid House, Yallingup
Bush hideaway close to the beach. Pet friendly!
- Bedroom and bathroom linen is included however please bring your own beach towels.
- Strictly no Leavers bookings.
Two-storey Orchid House is a family friendly property that’s ideal for a relaxing and laidback holiday. With glorious Injidup Beach less than 2km away, summer days will be heavenly here.
Sleeping eight, up to two families can really enjoy life’s slower pace. Children will be easily entertained by the ping pong table, trampoline, cubby house and play equipment while adults relax on the upstairs alfresco area for BBQs and drinks, overlooking the children at play amongst the stands of sheoak, marri, banksia and jarrah trees.
This home is cleverly designed to maximise tree-top views from almost every angle of the upstairs open-plan living, dining and kitchen area. Big windows and high ceilings give this whole zone a very bright and spacious feel.
The layout of the home is split across three levels. The living area plus master bedroom and ensuite are on the top level; a shared bathroom and separate laundry are on the mid-level; and two remaining bedrooms are on the ground floor.
Orchid House is also a wonderful bushland haven for discovering wildflowers in spring and for watching the visiting Baudin cockatoos, parrots and kangaroos that frequent this five-acre property throughout the year. Wildflowers found on this property include rattle orchids, swan river myrtles, kangaroo paws, enamel orchids, blue lady orchids and donkey orchids but you have to time your visit to see them. The best months to view the wildflowers are September and October.
Reverse cycle air-conditioning during summer plus electric column heaters and a cosy wood fire in winter make this home an ideal getaway in comfort at any time of the year.
Pet owners, please note that the property is unfenced and conditions apply if you are staying with your pet.
- Head to Injidup Beach (less than two minutes’ drive).
- Visit nearby wineries, chocolatiers and a children’s maze.
- Explore nearby Smiths and Yallingup beaches.
- Discover seasonal wildflowers and wildlife on the large property.
- Visit Dunsborough town centre for cafes, groceries and boutique shopping (15 minutes’ drive).
- Fully equipped kitchen.
- Microwave oven.
- Nespresso pod coffee machine (BYO pods).
- Bread maker.
- Sandwich maker.
- TV and DVD player, with DVDs.
- Reverse cycle air-conditioning.
- Wood fire.
- Ceiling fan.
- Books and games.
BEDROOMS x 3 (four adults, four children)
- Bedroom one: queen bed (upstairs).
- Bedroom two: queen bed (downstairs).
- Bedroom three: bunk and queen bed (downstairs). Electric column heater.
BATHROOMS x 2
- Master ensuite: shower, single vanity, toilet (upstairs).
- Shared bathroom: bath, shower, vanity, separate toilet (downstairs).
- Washing machine, dryer, iron and ironing board.
- External clothesline.
$240 per night in Low Season (minimum stay three nights).
$290 per night in Mid Season (minimum stay three nights).
$395 per night in High Season (minimum stay seven nights except four nights at Easter).
A compulsory additional cleaning fee of $180 applies to each booking. Please note that a $800 refundable bond applies to each booking as well as a $30 booking fee (including GST). Credit cards attract a 1.75% fee (Visa and Mastercard) however you can pay by direct bank transfer.
- LOW May 01 to June 27, 2018 :: July 16 to September 19, 2018
- MID September 20 to December 14, 2017 :: February 01 to March 28, 2018 :: April 03 to April 30, 2018 :: June 28 to July 15, 2018 :: September 20 to December 13, 2018
- HIGH December 15, 2017 to January 31, 2018 ::December 14, 2018 to January 31, 2019
- EASTER March 29, 2018 to April 3, 2018