For lovers of surf and a laid-back lifestyle
Yallingup is a local Aboriginal word that means “place of love”. A small holiday town with a laidback vibe and a rich surfing history, you will make your own very special memories here.
Yallingup accommodation is wonderfully varied. Houses with ocean views, homes tucked away in peaceful bush settings and classic beach shacks where sand and salty air are what it’s all about.
The surf breaks at Yallingup are a drawcard to surfers from around the world who come to Mainbreak, Shallows and Rabbits.
Yallingup is also well known for its protected and safe swimming ‘lagoon’ that’s a favourite with young families or those looking for a gentle swim.
Here are just a few of the activities to do while you are in Yallingup:
- Go surfing, snorkelling and swimming
- Tour nearby Ngilgi Cave
- Experience an Aboriginal cultural tour with Koomal Dreaming
- Take a bushwalk along a coastal trail
- See kangaroos and wildlife
- Visit nearby wineries and chocolatiers
- Discover wildflowers and watch whales in spring
- Watch a glorious sunset over the ocean.
Yallingup is just three hours’ drive south of Perth.